Posted on October 6, 2014 by RobinHardy
One of the false beliefs surrounding delegation is:
“If I delegate then I am week and have failed.”
That is so far from the truth around delegation. What you need to understand is that ALL 6-7 figure (and above) entrepreneurs delegate to someone or a team. Yes, I do mean all, even these super earners delegate:
- Donald Trump
- Oprah Winfrey
- Ali Brown
- Daymond John
If we spend all of our time working in our business we cannot grow the business. So here is how you determine if it is time to delegate:
- Is your revenue increasing or staying the same?
- What time do you start your day?
- What time do you end your day?
- Are you feeling you do not have enough time in the day to get things done?
- Do you spend 80-90% of your day on sales & marketing?
- Are you feeling exhausted?
- Are your clients not getting as much of your attention today as they used to?
If your revenue is not going up, it is time to delegate!
If you spend more than 6-8 hours working each day, it is time to delegate!
If you are running out of time each day, it is time to delegate!
If you are exhausted and not giving your clients 100%, it is time to delegate!
You see you cannot grow your business is you are busy on the back end, you only have 24 hours in a day and 7 days a week. Sometimes you need to let go of the things you are not gifted in, bring on someone that can help you out and then go and double your revenue.
So here is my challenge to you today:
- Make a list of EVERYTHING you do for the next (4) days
- On day (5) take your lists and highlight the things that do not generate revenue for you. (No an email sequence or newsletter is NOT revenue generating).
- How long did it take you each day to do the “stuff”?
- What is your hourly rate (if you do packages break it down to hours)?
- Multiply the # of hours by your hourly rate…how much are you throwing away?
You see many say they cannot afford to hire help, the truth is you can’t afford not to hire support!
I open up some complimentary Discovery Sessions each month to help you determine a plan of action. Interested? Email me to see if any spots are still available.